- Take Action
- Circular Economy
- Take Action
Toronto Zoo is Taking Action On Plastics
The Toronto Zoo’s statement on plastics and list of confirmed actions implemented in 2019.
- Lids for the Coca-Cola counter service cups are recyclable.
- Compass Group Canada is conducting a pilot for offering the wooden cutlery in April • Plastic cutlery offered in the restaurants by Compass Group Canada is biodegradable.
- Bulk service in the restaurants for milk, creamers and condiments by Compass Group Canada. Individual condiments packages will not be available.
- Use of refillable travel mugs for hot beverages in the restaurants • Install of 6 water bottle refill stations – Current locations include Education Centre Foyer, Americas Pavilion, Africa Pavilion, Administrative Support Centre lunchroom. With Africa Savanna Zoomobile Station and Front Entrance Courtyard (Bridge side – to be installed Spring 2019)
- Sale of Plush in Gift Shops with environmentally-sourced fill and outer material, and tags made from recycled materials • Boxed toys packaging is environmentally-friendly minimized packaging with recycled content.
- Bulk delivery of merchandise to reduce packaging.
- Sale of t-shirts made from recycled plastic bottles.
- Eco-bags – Promotion over Easter Weekend/Earth Day, Free TZ Eco-bag with a minimum $30 purchase.
- Increase options of reusable water bottles and travel mugs for sale in retail outlets.
- Sale of 4Oceans bracelets in the Gift Shops.
- Repurposing of Coca-Cola syrup drums for animal enrichment and planters.
- Install of water filters on 8 washing machines.